Sunday 13 July 2014

A Daisy A Day Dear


"I'll give you a daisy a day dear,
I'll give you a daisy a day,
I'll love you until the rivers run still
And the four winds we know blow away"

Ok, I am really showing my age with this one but I  love the words to this old song! A lot of you will be much too young to remember it but you should "Google" it.....the words are so beautiful!
This gorgeous image is from the uber talented Krista Smith of Saturated Canary & is called Springtime. I've had it forever but am only now feeling comfortable enough to color her hair! She is colored with copics & I had a major copic oops.... when I was nearly finished coloring a big blob of green splatted on the paper! AAHHH! Luckily I was able to cover it up with the stem of the beautiful Penny Black die cut daisy! The picket fence & the cloud are Memory Box & the butterfly is Martha Stewart. I am so happy with the way this card turned out!

Ssshhh....don't tell anyone but it has been 3 whole days since we have had any rain & it has actually been hot outside! I managed to get out & do some much needed gardening today. I belong to the local garden club here in our little town & we are having our annual flower show next month. One of the categories is "fairy gardens". I'm having so much fun creating my little miniature world. I decided to do an Irish county theme to honor my birthplace. I have made a thatched roof cottage which turned out wonderful! I will post a picture when it is all finished. Have a great day!

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks Ch.#202.....inspired by a song (A Daisy A Day....Hank Snow)
4 Krafty Girlz Ch.#22.....ATG
Charisma Cardz Ch.#15.....ATG
Craft for the Craic Ch#6.....favorite color.....yellow
Crafty Catz #239.....flowers
Sister Act #65.....ATG
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Ch.#37.....ATG
Time 4 Scrap #43.....ATG
Digi Galore.....ATG
Crafting By Design.....ATG & die cuts


18 comments:

  1. such a pretty card. i love daisies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lovely! You've definitely captured the warm gentle breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect image for the stanza, Renee! The way her hair is swept by the wind is awesome! Thanks for linking your card with us ay Sister Act this week! Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Renee, awesomely coloured too.xxx
    ♥aNNie


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome coloring job Renee. That daisy is so pretty. I can't wait to see your garden. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Design...just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge..
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee what a breath of fresh air your card is. You did an amazing job with her beautiful blond hair. Love everything about this one.
    Thank you Renee for your kind words, so very much appreciated.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 37 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Cindy--GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! you colored her beautifully! and thanks so much for your kind words that you left about my mom. its been rough, but i'm glad to know that my bloggy friends are there <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Renee, love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty coloring of the lovely image. Love the daisy, too. :)
    Thank you for playing with us at Crafting by designs. :)
    Sanja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation and awesome song choice *love it*. It fits perfectly with your inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Love the summer feel. I like to sit on a field like that and smell the flowers and feel a light breeze in my hair...
    Thank you for joining our Flower Challenge at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is adorable, I love the yellow its so fresh. Thank you for joining us for this months challenge. Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining us at Craft for the Craic.
    DT Katya x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous Renee, you've done a brilliant job colouring her in. I cringed when I read about the green blob... it's always after you've finished all the hard work! However, you've done a wonderful job covering it up with the daisy, if you hadn't mentioned it I never would have known.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such good news about the dry weather! I haven't heard much on the news so I'm thinking all is good now.

    Your card is so lovely! What an AMAZING job you've done on the hair! I've had many a strategically placed embellishment on my creations too. I would never have guessed there was a blob hiding under your pretty daisy. It turned out to be the perfect touch on your card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee