Saturday 7 June 2014

Baked With Love!


When I was growing up my Mom made  Empire biscuits for all of our special occasions at school. (some of you may know them as Imperial cookies)  For Valentine's Day there were hearts, for St. Patrick's there were shamrocks, for Halloween it was pumpkins....you get the idea. Anyway, these  yummy , jam filled treats were the hit of the day what ever the occasion. So, of course, I had to turn the cookies in this image into the famous Empire biscuits....with a little cherry on top! Ah, the memories they bring back all these years later. My Mom is no longer with us & I have now taken over the tradition. This awesome image is from Jess College Fund & is colored with copic markers. I added my own little flowers to the tea pot, cup & plate with a white gel pen. The papers are from a DCWV stack....the Sweet Matstack. The cute little cutting board is from a pack of Dress It Up buttons (in case you can't read it it says "baked with love".

Challenges I am entering:

Crafting by Designs..........ATG
Digistamps4Joy #93..........girly
4Krafty Girlz #19..........ATG
Sister Act #60..........ATG
Stampin for the Weekend..........ATG

6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card Renee.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘GIRLY/FEMININE’ challenge. One can smell the delicious cookies. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have made me hungry for cookies and milk. LOL This pretty card will make a lovely addition to some yummy baked goods. Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab image and design, lovely card Renee :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring! Darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card!! That image is just perfect for your Empire cookie memories! My mouth is watering just thinking of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee