Wednesday 1 August 2012

Sweet Wishes!

Our scorching weather is continuing & the other night it brought a fierce storm our way. Trees blew down, power went out & in one small community houses had their roof blown off! A tornado touched down not too far from where we live but thankfully the area  had  minimal property damage & no one was injured! This heat & humidity is prime storm weather.
My card today is a lovely image by Anne Fenton over at the Outlawz & the sentiment is from Inky Antics. My image was colored with prismacolor pencils (I still haven't sprung for Copics or Promarkers) The DP are from a beautiful 6x6 pad by Prima called "Fairy Flora" & CS is Bazzill. The pearls are Recollections, ribbon is Offray & Michael's & the gorgeous glitter flowers are from my stash (not sure but I think they are Prima) The design is from Sketches by Carly.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Color Me Creative.....anything goes with a girly twist
2. Card Makin Mamas.....1 image, 2 DP, & 3 embellies (flowers, ribbon, pearls)
3. Crafts4Eternity.....brilliant birthdays
4. Poodles Parlour.....anything goes
6. Sketches by Carly.....sketch

10 comments:

  1. Goodness! Glad to hear you're safe. We had a pretty bad storm come through where our church is. Knocked the power out and put some trees on the ground. Your card is sweet as can be Renee. Lovely colors. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Renee!! I love the patterned papers and the colors you used. I am your newest follower. Thanks for joining us at Sketches By Carly. Hope to see you again on Friday, August 3rd for Carly's next sketch. Have a fantastic weekend Renee!! Hugs, Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Renee! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi neighbor (I'm just next door in SK)! And we've had crazy summer storms this summer too. And the humidity, whew. Not complaining, Winter's too close, lol. Those are very pretty dp's, LOVE the muted colors. And your ribbon and pearl accents are perfect with your image. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable, I love the sweet image and those papers are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee this is so sweet I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! I love the soft colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee