Saturday 26 May 2012

Missing in action

Sorry I'm sort of missing in action these days! My Mum has needed lots of my attention lately. Her Alzhiemers & kidney disease are taking their toll on her. She is not eating but is convinced that she is having 3 meals a day & that she is cooking them for herself! She gets very indignant if you try to tell her she hasn't eaten. (she hasn't cooked for herself for over 3 yrs. now) So, I'm off to the city to spend a few days with her. We are going to go to "Ducky's" her favorite fish & chip shop for supper, take in her great granddaughter's Irish dance recital & go to a baby shower where she will see lots of people she hasn't seen for a long time. Hopefully she has a good time & it isn't all too much for her. I'm going to take some time to have coffee with a great friend that I haven't seen for far too long! I have some cards to post when I get back next week. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! It's sunny here in Manitoba but it is a chilly 6 degrees C. The heat MUST be coming soon!!!!
Hugs,
Renee

1 comment:

  1. Renee-
    First off...I am sorry to hear about your mom!! It's really hard to see your loves ones sick. I hope that you both have/had a great weekend together.

    Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment. I just recently started using my distress inks more to watercolor. I use a water pen and paint brushes #0 and #1). If you want to learn more, there are a ton of videos on you tube, or you can always email me and I can give advice on what I know and have learned through trial and error!! LOL
    That is the way I learn...I dive in feet first!!

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee